Carbon Monoxide (CO) and smoke detectors are critical for early detection of fire, smoke and CO poisoning.
Contrary to what some people believe Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors do not last forever. They need to be tested and replaced regularly in order to provide you and your family with the protection they need.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors need to be tested and have their batteries replaced at least once a year and the unit replaced every 5 to 7 years.
Carbon Monoxide or CO is an odourless, colourless gas. Carbon Monoxide is very dangerous because it replaces oxygen in your bloodstream and often goes undetected until it's too late.
CO Poisoning is also difficult to detect because people can confuse CO Poisoning symptoms with flu symptoms (fatigue, headache, nausea, dizziness, etc.) but exposure to CO is fatal.
The only way to confidently detect dangerous CO levels in your home is with a functioning Carbon Monoxide Detector. A Carbon Monoxide Detector is designed to monitor CO levels in your house and set off an alarm before CO poisoning occurs.
It is highly recommended that you place a CO Alarm in each bedroom and on each floor of your house, at least 10 feet away from gas appliances, space heaters and chimneys, and where it is easily audible.
Smoke detectors need to be tested and have their batteries replaced at least once a year and the unit replaced every 10 years.
Smoke detectors weaken over time and can become obstructed. Even if the test button on your detector generates a sound it does not necessarily mean that the device is working.
Keep your family safe, hire a certified electrician to replace and test your smoke detectors regularly.Contact Us